Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
SearchLab seeks a seasoned SEO professional to help lead our growing SEO team. This supervisory role will connect the dots between SEO strategy, team execution, and client communication.
The SEO Team Lead will supervise a small team of 3-5 SEO Consultants in their daily campaign tasks and help, coach, and mentor their team through client issues and solve challenges as they arise. Working closely with the SEO Team Manager, the SEO Team Lead will help ensure that our internal processes are understood, followed, and executed by all in a timely manner.
Additionally, the SEO Team Lead will craft and communicate long-term SEO strategies with clients regularly through calls and an open line of communication.
Summary of Duties
- Develop and review SEO strategies for clients
- Coordinate new client onboarding and regularly schedule monthly calls with clients.
- Share SEO analysis, recommendations, and strategy during monthly reporting calls
- Act as the first escalation point for client issues and can effectively resolve and de-escalate issues with client stakeholders.
- Responsible for retention of teams’ clients and minimizes preventable client churn.
- Conduct a monthly audit of Consultant portfolios to ensure adherence to best practices and SearchLab standards of SEO work.
- Supervise a team of 3-5 SEO consultants in their daily roles, ensuring both the quality and completeness of SEO campaign management tasks.
- Hold weekly 1-on-1 meetings with team members.
- Onboard and train new employees on Local SEO processes and standard procedures
- Coordinate coverage for planned PTO on the team.
- Participate in weekly Team Lead meetings with the SEO Team Manager.
- Lead and participate in weekly team breakouts to discuss emerging and important SEO industry trends.
- Own a quarterly initiative to help improve new processes on the SEO team.
- Contribute to a healthy culture that continues to attract and retain a diverse group of high-performing team members.
- Exhibit SearchLab’s Core Values
Required Experience and Skills:
- Great understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience in link-building
- Experienced in keyword research and competitive analysis
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Looker Studio, and Google Business Profiles, as well as standard SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush)
- Organized workflow to handle multiple tasks concurrently within a set deadline.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and with external clients
- Curious and active learner who seeks out professional development
Ideal candidates exhibit:
- Past mentor, coach, or management experience.
- Experience with task management tools, such as Monday or ClickUp.
- Strong consideration for candidates with Local SEO experience
- Strong consideration for candidates with 3 or more years of SEO experience
- Strong consideration for candidates with demonstrable content strategy experience
- Previous experience leveraging AI for SEO workflows