Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on level of experience.
SearchLab is seeking an experienced SEO professional to lead our growing SEO team.
The SEO Director will work closely with the Vice President of Search to create and maintain internal SEO processes and procedures. This includes but is not limited to: responsibility for the SEO team handbook and identifying new and/or improved service offerings.
The SEO Director will act as a thought leader in the industry advancing the reputation of SearchLab through the creation of blogs, participation on podcasts, delivery of conference presentations, and the creation of industry studies.
The SEO Director is responsible for creating or improving any and all internal SEO processes including but not limited to: internal workflows, new and/or improved service offerings, and professional development.
The SEO Director will resolve client and employee issues escalated to them. When necessary, the SEO Director must have the ability to escalate serious matters to senior leadership.
The SEO Director’s performance will be measured on the revenue growth within the SEO department.
Roles and Responsibilities
The SEO Director will oversee the SEO process, aiming to improve campaign performance and teamwork within the department.
- Liaison between SEO department and leadership team communicating pain points and opportunities for growth
- Identify areas for improvement in SearchLab’s Local SEO processes
- Improve departmental efficiency helping SEO employees work more effectively and generate more value for clients
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of employee training program
- Update and improve SearchLab’s SEO Handbook
SEO Thought Leadership
The primary role of the SEO Director is to perform thought leadership activities.
- Create and promote digital marketing content such as:
- Blog posts
- Industry studies
- Video content
- Social media content
- Act as a subject matter expert in the sales presentations
- Deliver sales demonstrations to prospective clients identifying areas for improvement
- Attend industry conferences sponsored by SearchLab in order to increase sales leads
- Responsible for overcoming technical sales objections
- Professional speaker representing SearchLab at industry conferences.
- Responsible for prospecting, pitching and securing speaking engagements at industry conferences
- Utilize personal brand to generate sales opportunities measured on a quarterly and annual basis
- Increase the quantity and quality of marketing qualified sales opportunities by leveraging personal brand on behalf of SearchLab
The SEO Director serves an important role in building and providing motivation in order to retain SEO team members.
- Responsible for motivating all members of the SEO department to reach their full potential
- Supervise, manage, and hold SEO Managers accountable
- Make all hiring selections within the department
- Responsible for employee retention
- Selection of internal candidates for job promotions
- Resolve any major SEO client issues
- Resolve any major SEO employee performance issues
- 3+ years experience with an emphasis on management and team leadership
- Deep knowledge of Local SEO
- Capable of working effectively within a team environment
- Proven skills in client communication
- Strong track record of improving team performance
- SearchLab team members must possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy for our clients and their goals
- Ability to set expectations internally and externally
The SEO Director will report to the Vice President of Search.